Monday, November 9, 2009

Poetry 2005 - 2006

Created 7/3/05

Lament

If I’d held my tongue a little longer,
And used it to search him, and to know him,
Our life’s love would have been so much stronger,
And not tossed to and fro on waves so slim.
Now he walks as the Wanderer, quite lost,
Seeking and searching for something known not.
Inferno’s blaze stretches higher, the cost
Too high. Too high! The game plays as a plot.
The little one caught in the middle, sighs,
“What brings such hate and what takes him away?”
The answers lie on the cold floor ‘neath cries,
Cries of mother begging father to stay.
The reasons obscure through the stinging slam
The door as he goes without thought nor Damn!

At Night
Twisting and turning, yearning and churning
Crawling and sulking, knowing not the end.
Shaking and quaking, learning and burning,
Questions swirling and twirling with no mend.
Running and looking, hiding, not finding.
Fixing and fixing and fixing non-stop.
The clock stops at five, no one is winding
It up to continue what was to drop.
No one is checking to further the time.
No one is trying to change what was lost.
The ticker has stopped and never will chime.
Yet, I lay here, love changed cold as the frost.
Where are the days when the sun’s rays glow bright,
Guided the living, love’s path paved in sight?

Questions
If the song in the firmament came forth,
And the melody brought sweetness of worth,
Would the angels, God’s glory, penetrate
His heart? Would love from memories create
What could have, should have demonstrated?
Can all forgiveness replace the traded?
Can the lies and deceit flutter away?
If not, then what is life, but prorated.
Will wrong be made right when from earth we go?
Or will we remain in the state that we show?
Does he know the right perspective in life,
When for selfish reasons he leaves his wife?
Does the grass grow so much thicker out there,
When the good road keeps going on from here?

Too Late
Where would the Son be without his Father?
Where would the trees be without a maker?
Where would the woman go for comfort sure,
If the husband drags her into manure?
What does the boy learn when the door slams shut?
Does he replay it later? Pounce and strut?
When a rooster pecks at so many hens,
Inevitable, he’ll leap from the pen.
Will the son find “dad” as mediocre,
Better than “dad” he becomes moreover.
Not searching beyond rainbows for treasure.
Not eyeing another for mere pleasure.
Do life’s treasures fly when the wind blows past?
Will your heart remind you of home at last?

Song of Hope
Around the corner, underneath a rock
There is no more pain, there is no more shock.
Relief from the blazes of Hades I’ll feel
Straight on the path, no where else will I reel.
Fresh as the morning breeze I awake,
From love’s lost labors, no more will I fake.
Crisp and new, the dew from the spring
Of Life refreshes and breathes new thinking.
Onward and upward the mountain; success!
There will be no stopping, no settling for less.
The strength and power that starts at the heart,
Will burn and energize the new life’s part.
Circle of life, survival the fittest,
The trophy is there, and there for the best.


Divorced

I still feel you.
If I can’t see you, and I’m working,
I’m ok, I forget.
But I can’t sit next to you and not remember.
I can’t see you and not want to touch you.
I can’t sense you and not be drawn to you.
I know you, yet I am continually presented with
Shadows.

Ghosts

If you ever wanted to know what
Your wife and son would feel if you were dead, I’m an
Expert, and so is your son.
You haunt me once a week on pick up and drop offs.
You are always there. At least with death it would be over.
With death, the shadows would be colorful and not colorless.
With death, you would have seemed glorified in honor,
But now you are only glorified in lies.

Haunt somewhere else. A piece of paper won’t set me free.
You are free because you chose to be free.
Now, you infringe yourself upon my life as a living ghost.
Without purpose, and wander
Whithersoever you please until you swoop down
To haunt again. You call it visitation.
I call it a nightmare.

Asleep

The dreams start with happiness,
Chocolate shakes, chocolate bars
Chocolate syrup.
Then the chocolate turns bitter and
The Sweetness decays, corrupts and confuses.

2 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Gutwrenching.

kardia said...

Can you become
Acclimated to pain?
Can the shiver cease,
And some condition
Almost comfortable set in?

The polar bear has been
So long resident of frost
That the ice he walks barefoot
Is not reported to the brain.
Can you become
Acclimated to pain?

I found this one in the "Peculiar People". The last time I wrote poetry in English was in high school, but I'll dig it out for you for a good laugh.:)

The last one I wrote was this October to my sweet friend Nevenka, a brilliant athlete who died of cancer this spring at age 37. Hopefully you'll understand some of it.:)

JUTRI TEČEM

Jutri tečem kot pred letom dni,
ko srce je prehitevalo moči,
v želji da bi počilo za vse,
ki niso čakali na cilju me.

Tečem z drugimi in vendarle sem sama,
kilometri ubijajo mi dih,
kot to, kar se je zgodilo nama,
in se izpeva zdaj v tale stih.

Ti mirno spiš z nasmehom na obrazu,
a mene nočne more še lovijo,
v njih... hitrejša sem na soncu in v mrazu,
a ne dovolj, da bi utegnila reči ti adijo.

Jutri tečem in le glej, da tekla boš ob meni,
ko solza se strdila bo v dah ledeni,
in res rabila bi tvoj sms ob sebi,
"spomni se name, če glava ubogala te ne bi".

Jutri tečem, zato teci z mano.